Happy New Year!
Most of us take advantage of this fresh start to set big, ambitious goals.
Maybe you’ve set a goal to run a 5k and eat healthier. Or, you need to get a better handle on your finances. Perhaps you’re seeking relationship advice?
As an avid reader and one seeking tools to guide my own personal growth adventure, I did a little research and compiled a list of self-help books that may help in your journey as well.
- You Need A Budget by Jesse Mecham
- Stay tuned for Amber’s review on Literary Quicksand, posting this month!
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- The Whole30 by Melissa Hartwig
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done by Jon Acuff
- What to Say When You Talk to Yourself by Shad Helmstetter
And when reading isn’t enough, there’s always yoga and meditation.
I recently started a series with Headspace (a free app, with paid upgrades). I love this app because you can choose a themed series, such as Productivity or Kindness, and move through 10 sessions with a focus. Each session only takes about 10 minutes, so it’s easy to fit into your busy schedule.
“Education is not the learning of facts, it’s rather the training of the mind to think.” – Albert Einstein
Have other recommendations? Please share yours in the comments below!